Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I Trust when Dark my road...a must read.

I just got done reading the book, "I trust when dark my road" by Rev. Todd Pepperkorn. What a gem. I admit that I have gone through similar anxiety that he describes and sees the implications of depression in our congregation and other brothers in the ministry. The foolish thing that we think in our society concerning depression is two fold: 1) Just snap out of it, or 2) We can totally prevent it (exercise, sleep, nutrition, etc). Pastor Pepperkorn brought to light depression and the realization that it will be dark in the future, but as a theologian of the cross, the light will always be there at the same time.

Lord have mercy.

Download it, read it, and think about ways of helping your spiritual leaders and friends.

No comments: