Monday, October 19, 2009

The swine flu, freaked out parents, and grace

I'm scared. In the world of parenting, we never stopped being scared. Each minute is a time that could potentially could change our lives and we fear for the security of our children. Whether it is swallowing objects, running to the road, or falling, we try our best to stop anything from happening to our precious children.

Yet, I don't think anything has brought us parents to our knees as the swine flu. We almost have NO control over this one. One person sneezes in a room and bam, we have it. I must admit my prayer life has benefited from this outbreak of swine flu. If we think we can totally prevent it, we have another things coming. If we think we should intentionally get it so that we grow immune, we are crazy.

What should we do? Trust in the Lord. Use the wisdom He provides. Wash your hands, sleep, fluids, and vitamins, but for pete's sake, pray. "Come onto me all who are burden and heavy laden and I will give you rest." Lord have mercy.

No comments: