Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What if?

Here is a post from Rev. Dale Meyer, President of Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, from his Meyer minute that really hits home during these times.

January 23, 2009
"What if?" That's the favorite question of worriers.
"What if something happens to my child?" It could happen, but the Bible says, "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7).
"What if I get laid off?" "What if I continue to be unemployed?" "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7).
What if I make the wrong decision?" "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7).
"What if I get criticized?" "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7).
What if...you fill in the blank. What is it that has you anxious? In her book "Tame Your Fears," Carol Kent cites a 1987 study "which concluded that women are two to three times more prone to chronic worry than men are" (Navpress, 1993; p. 57).
"Take it to the Lord in prayer." Lord, I'm worried about...(you fill in the blank). I don't ask You to take away my anxiety but I do ask You to help me trust Your Word.
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7). In Jesus' name. Amen.
http://www.daleameyer.com/

No comments: