Thursday, June 4, 2009

What is God's will for my life?

This Sunday our congregation begins a sermon series concerning the many questions that people are asking today. Our first question is, "How do I know God's will for my life?" Hundreds of books are produced each year, purpose driven life was huge, and the radio is infiltrated with this subject. Yet, there are many ideas of what God's will might and hopefully will be, but often it looks beyond ourselves to find it (e.g. a better job, more education, more money).

In Lutheran theology, we will would advocate one does not need to look very far to find God's will. It starts right where you are. Am I a parent? Am I married? Am I a community member? Am I an american citizen? Am I a member of God's kingdom? All of these things are placed in your life to love God and serve your neighbor. Take a look at your life and see where God's will is right in front of you.

No comments: