Friday, February 6, 2009

Giving thanks for the congregation one serves.....

- Today as I was playing with my kids in the playground and also the kids of our daycare, I once again realized how blessed I am to serve the congregation that I do. God has truly done some amazing work through Baptism to everyone in our congregation. The humble nature, the respect they show to me and each other, and the joy of serving each other is amazing.

I am especially humbled by those who serve on our boards (Elders, Evangelism, Stewardship, Preschool/Daycare, Education, Property, & our President/VP). they take so much time out of their schedules to serve and truly want the church to succeed in their mission to "Connect People to Christ."

We as a church have a long ways to go, and unfortunately, they have a pastor whom they have to put up with a lot (he has an even longer ways to go). But by the power of the cross and the Holy Spirit's guidance, we will continue with His mission into the future.

Lord have mercy...

No comments: