Monday, November 3, 2008

Take your faith seriously? Vote tomorrow!

"I think I'm not going to vote." A person told me recently. "Why?" I asked trying to not sound condescending. "I am just not that interested." I used to think this way. I thought, well, I am just one person and what difference can I make? So why be interested?

This view is unacceptable! This is even more unacceptable as a confessing Christian. As a Christian, we understand that God rules over His 2 kingdoms (Church and Government). He uses the government for order and the Church for Gospel proclamation. Both are vital to our world. Without order, we would have mass chaos. Without the Gospel, we have no hope.

Understanding that God works through our government and how our government is set up that each American has a voice, it is our duty to be part of the God given ability to vote. Even though our vote may not take over the world, it is part of our vocation as a Christian.

Who to vote for? It is up to you. I would argue as a Christian one must look seriously at three issues that we uphold from Scripture: 1) Life-Does the candidate uplift the sanctity of life as Scripture does? (Jeremiah 1:5) 2) Marriage-Does the candidate believe in biblical marriage and the family? (Genesis 2:18-24) 3) Service to one's neighbor-Does the candidate take serious Jesus' words to love their neighbor as themselves.

Get out to vote tomorrow. No excuses, just do it!

No comments: