Friday, May 29, 2009

What a mess...May our yes be yes and no be no!


Half of Fame quarterback, Fran Tarkenton was recently quoted discussing the possibility of Brett Favre coming out retirement to join the Minnesota Vikings as "despicable." "I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail"

It does not appear that the problem is that Favre might go to a rival. The problem is that Favre's yes has not been yes and his no has not been no!

Do I want Favre to be a Viking? Maybe. Do I want him to be bold on his plans for the future. Retirement or another season! Bam!

This reminds me of faith. God looks at us and can call us "despicable." Our yes is "kind of" and our no is "maybe." When we discuss faith with someone and they say, "Baptism does not do anything!" Do we say, "I don't agree" or do we say, "Well, if you want to believe that!" If someone says, "There is more than one way to eternal life". Do we say, "You can believe that if you want to call Jesus a liar." Or do we say, "Who am I to judge?"

May our Yes of our faith be Yes and our No be No. All by the help of the Holy Spirit.


No comments: