Thursday, May 28, 2009

Compassion International-What a gift

Our family along with a few other families started to be a supporter of Compassion International. Compassion International is a Christian organization that supports children throughout the world to get schooling, food, water, and health care, along with being directed to a Christian congregation. They have solid doctrinal beliefs as a group (a.k.a. they only work with congregations that uphold the Trinity, Christ as the only way to salvation, and uphold traditional marriage). When you sponsor a child, you are the only family to support this one child and your monthly support pays for school, food, health care, etc. You write to them quarterly or more and they write back with a translater's help. Our child is from Africa and is 4 years old.

What a blessing it has been for our kids. The other day we left Target without getting any toys for the kids and my oldest says, "I wanted to get a toy." And I told her that we can use the money to help our friend in Africa because she can't go to school without our help. My daughter said, "I would rather have her go to school like I can!" We pray for this little girl every night and my hope is that someday we will be able to visit her in Africa.

Check out their organization and the amazing things God is doing through them. www.compassion.com

No comments: