Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mountain Dew vs. Dr. Pepper & Baptism

I love soda. It is one of my many vices. And what is interesting is that if someone were to ask me about my preference of soda, I could talk for hours. I would not care what the other person believes, I would boldly proclaim my view, my arguments, and then go my own way. And if the person is more of a Mt. Dew guy, I would wholeheartedly disagree.
Yet, what if someone were to ask me about Baptism? Would I talk for hours? Would I boldly proclaim what Scripture says? And if the person disagreed with me would I be able to still talk to them after the conversation?
It is interesting that many of us need a reminder of how vital our Baptism and faith is to our daily life. Are we proud of our faith and does it form our decision making? And do we realize that God has worked miracles from our Baptism through the cross that should cause us to talk for hours on end of the amazing grace of our Lord.

No comments: