Friday, October 24, 2008

Back in my office room...hope in my father's room...

I have been out of my office since December. Snow, melting, ice, and damming all took place on a roof that was poorly put together and BAM! The ceiling comes through and three staff are roomless for 10 months+. It was no one's fault, it is just what happens.

Over the last 10 months, I never realized how difficult it is to not have a place to call your room. You ask yourself all the time, "What's the point?" What's the point of organizing, what's the point of decorating (or my wife doing so), what's the point of keeping it clean? By the end of this time, I will be back in my office, back in my room, and I can do all of that later. However, in the process you become very frustrated, irritable, and disjointed because their is no place to call home. Please keep me in your prayers for the staff I work with as we are a week away from getting back into our office!

This reminds me of Jesus' words of hope from John 14 "In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? [2] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.” [3] 5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Sometimes we all feel like we are one's who have no room or place. We become irritable to the things God's presents to us and disjointed as if something just isn't quite right. And that is when our Lord points us to the hope that only comes through Christ. That when we are baptized in His name, when we look upon the love that goes so far as to die on a cross, we realize that we are part of something. We have a room, not only in heaven, but also a place in His arms today. May we live as one's who have a permanent home with Him!

1 comment:

Christy R. said...

As someone who has been living out of boxes for two years now (with a baby!), this is a particularly comforting and exciting message.