Monday, March 16, 2009

A new day, still sinning, a new creation

Today is a beautiful day outside. Fifty -five degrees, sunny, clear skies, spring is arriving, snow is melting and Easter is coming.
Our devotions today for the preschool staff centered around Psalm 100, "Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth." As we filter all of our lives through the cross of Christ, the Lamb of God, the blessings are everwhere. Here are a few examples:
I give thanks for:
Walking fr0m a parking spot far away, because it tells me that I can still walk.
A high heating and cooling bill, because it tells me that I have shelter.
A load full of laundry, because it tells me that my family is nearby.
My clothes being a little snug from winter, because it tells me that I have
enough to eat.
The lady behind me in church who sings out of tune, because it tells me that
I can still hear.
Being a sinner, because Christ has died for me
May we all give thanks this Spring as we await the resurrection of Christ!

No comments: