Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolution...New Beginnings in Christ

What are your New Year's Resolutions this year? I'm committed to drinking NO soda and lowering my "treat" intake. Plus, we are working together with a group to have weekly "weigh-ins" and measurements. Along with this list, I plan on getting more into Scripture and recommitting myself to getting into the original languages. Will I fail? Probably. I am more than likely going to fail in many ways and feel "guilty" about not doing my resolution and then come back to next year and start over. It is a roundabout way of doing things and most of the time, you never actually get back into a straight path.

Isn't this like our life in Christ. We make commitments to follow His commands. We start a new path, we follow it and then BOOM! We fail. We feel guilty and continue this roundabout mode of Christian living and NEVER getting on a straight path. Crazy original sin.

What is unique about our lives in Christ is that we go in a roundabout way in our lives, but our Lord gives us a new beginning by His gracious words of forgiveness accomplished on the cross. We makes our paths straight and gives us a resolution that we know will still be there next December 31st.

Christ's Blessings this New Year

No comments: