Sunday, December 7, 2008

Appendix issues, delays my Book of Concord study! Sorry :-(

Around 4 a.m. on Saturday morning, I knew something wasn't right. My stomach had been hurting, but did not think much of it, because my family has had the flu bug go around the house, and I figured it was my time. However, now pain had gone to my right side and I had not vomitted yet. So I drove to the emergency room, figuring it was just another stomach ache and my stomach did not hurt too bad at all.

However, when I arrived, things got painful and fast. The doctor pushed on my right side and I basically flew to the ceiling, they did a cat scan, which found my appendix to be the size of a pear (instead of the size of my pinky). They did surgery pretty fast and they said I was very close to it bursting. So thanks be to God.

I just got home this afternoon and they are telling me to take it easy the next 4-5 days and take lots of pain meds. I can't lift more than 10 lbs until then (which includes my kids! that is the hardest part). The most humbling thing is that if I lived 100 years ago, I probably would be dead right now, because they did not have much treatment for this. So I am thankful to my God and thankful to all the people at St. John's who took over this morning in worship.

I will be posting my confessions discussions tomorrow at some point and the discussions will be less than in the past. I appreciate your patience with me.

Thanks be to God for He is good!


William Weedon said...

Praise be to God for the medical staff! Glad you made it through okay.

MarSand said...

It's amazing that one day you could be drinking your lattes, and the next day something that is totally out of your control happens. It shows you how each day is a gift from God. This is when you know that it's not you in control; it shows you that God is in control. Praise God that you went when you did. Now I know this maybe hard for you, but take it easy and let God be in control, because there are people that are around you to help.