Friday, February 12, 2010

Passing the torch for Vancouver

While eating breakfast this morning I watched many people pass the torch of flame to Vancouver for the Winter Olympics. It was amazing to see the emotions of everyone involved; the tears, excitement, and opportunity to represent their country if only for 300 meters of running. It made me think about how cool it would be to carry the torch at some point for any Olympics and how proud I would be to represent my own country.

I get a similar emotion every night. It is when I put my kids down to bed, after the prayers, after a story that I make up, and as the lights go out, I tell them, "Daddy loves you, but who loves you more?" "My children answer, "Jesus."

As a parent their is no greater thing than to pass on the flame of faith to your kids. Through the waters of baptism and the daily dying and rising with Christ is the greatest privilege in the world. May we as parents, especially fathers, take that role seriously.

No comments: