Friday, December 25, 2009

What's on the mind this Christmas?


I love Christmas. However, I have found that with small children, my mind runs in 8 million directions this time of year. On top of the daily activities (diapers, naps, getting dressed, dinner, dishes, etc) there are many other things I think and worry about (school choices, homeschooling, usage of computers, internet, health, nutrition). Obviously include my vocation as pastor and your whole world is turned upside down.

This is why the words on Christmas day hit me extra hard this year, "“Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!" We sing these words every "non-communion" worship service in the Gloria Patri. I have chanted it hundreds of times in my 3 1/2 years of ministry, but it really hits home in my relatively chaotic life that the peace of God is here.

And if he brings the peace of salvation in a baby boy, how is he not also going to take care of us through whatever it might be (even late night awakenings from my son). May this peace be upon us all this Christmas.

No comments: