Friday, June 18, 2010

Tornado hits my home town and home church..Lord have mercy

Last night my hometown, Wadena, MN was hit by a major tornado. It is quite eery to se the pictures of homes of my friends, my high school, and community center all damaged and/or destroyed. At the same time, today was to be the day for thousands of alumni of Wadena-Deer Creek to arrive for the all-school reunion. Nobody was killed, but many have lost much of what they own.

My home congregation, St. John Lutheran had extensive damage to the roof, but in other parts of the building. I pray that Pastor Steve Meltzer will be led by the Spirit to bring comfort in chaos with the mercy of Christ. May other churches in the area and within our Synod support this congregation and small town with prayer and resources in their time of need.

No comments: